Hopefully by now you have all seen and tried out our latest workout video. With your resistance bands, these exercises combine for a great workout at your desk, but if you are looking to up the difficulty to create a more gym-worthy band routine, you can try some variations on some of those exercises.
Lat Pulldown Variations
This exercise target your lats and traps – your mid and upper back
1. For this first variation, explore your range of grip options on your resistance bands: wide or close grip combined with either overhand or underhand holds.
2. Stand Up! After you try the original, add some of the variations from 1.
3. Use an anchor point: Set your door strap and bands up like the picture below. With arms extended, squeeze your shoulder blades together and slowly pull the band down towards your chest until your elbows are fully bent.
- Relax your arms and lead with your elbows. Keep the rest of your body motionless
- A close grip on your bands will engage rhomboid muscles and an underhand grip on the bands will engage biceps
- A high post may allow you to stand where a low post may require you to sit, kneel, or take a staggered stance with one foot in front of the other
- Change your approach periodically for a well-rounded workout